- About GICA
- Projects & Policies
- Industry Programs
- News & Events
- Goats in Australia
- Contact GICA
What We Do
As a designated Commodity Council of the Federation, GICA works to deliver goat industry policy for all goat breeds.
The key objectives of GICA are to:
- Represent and promote the interests of Australian goat producers.
- Function as a specialist goat industry organisation with concern for the livelihood of all goat producers.
- Carry out activities necessary to advance the goat industry.
- Collect and disseminate information concerning the goat industry.
- Maintain a high level of liaison and cooperation with its members, relevant government departments and authorities at local, state and federal levels and with other relevant industry organisations.
- Promote the development of the agricultural and pastoral industries of Australia.
In order to meet these objectives GICA operates under the following rules:
- GICA determines and implements policy on all matters of a specific commodity nature affecting the goat industry in Australia. In such matters, the GICA shall have complete autonomy from the Federation.
- Matters affecting the rural sector generally, of which the goat industry is a part; or matters affecting more than one commodity, whilst open to determination by the GICA, shall be referred to the Federation for the determination of policy for the whole rural sector.
- While the Council may decide policy on all matters affecting the goat industry, it shall consult with appropriate organisation on all matters of common interest.
Summary - AGM 2018 (262 KB)